Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest information about what you find interesting. It is also a way to keep everybody up-to-date with what an individual is doing by using an instant messenger service, the web, as well as with mobile texting, plus other venues.
Twitter can be linked to other social networks, blogs, and websites. For instance, post a blog update and use the Twitter button. The blog entry will be sent to the people specified by the sender. This only works when logged into the Twitter account.
Twitter helps individuals with:
- Article marketing
- Social networking
- Promoting website traffic to specific websites
- Keeping in touch with people
- What is Twitter and how does it work?, Retrieved 8th October 12:30 2010 http://www.suite101.com/content/what-is-twitter-and-how-does-it-work-a87944
- Twitter. Retrieved 8th October 12:40 2010 http://twitter.com/
- Wikipedia. Retrieved 8th October 12:55 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter